Transistor Digital Marketing is adding a Remote Search Engine Optimization Analyst to our team! We are a growing search marketing agency headquartered in downtown Milwaukee. Our specialty is working with B2B companies, but we work with a variety of businesses in software, manufacturing, retail, food/beverage, travel, and other industries. Our SEO & PPC team is in charge of improving site performance and sales for medium-sized companies as well as multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. One of them actually IS a stock market!
As an SEO Analyst, you will help manage SEO initiatives for our clients. Your key focus will be to execute SEO strategies by performing keyword/topic research, optimizing and writing content, and building internal links. We’re hoping you’re someone who is eager to join a small and growing team, learn a lot, and contribute to the success of our clients.
We have built a collaborative environment by having multiple people supporting every account, so a huge part of any position here is the ability to work well as a team and contribute to our culture of ongoing learning and development.
- Execute on SEO strategies by performing keyword/topic research, optimizing and writing content, building internal links, etc.
- Use technical monitoring tools like OnCrawl, Screaming Frog, Search Console to find and suggest solutions to website problems
- Use performance monitoring/research tools like SEOMonitor, SEMRush, AHREFs to review performance, find targets, continually strive for improvement
- Executing sustainable link building strategies
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports to assess performance and determine next steps
- Occasionally execute on PPC strategies by performing bid and budget adjustments, writing ad copy, building ad extensions, creating new ad groups and campaigns
- Participate in client meetings, taking notes, preparing follow-up actions, offering updates on projects.
- Proactively communicate with internal teams on status of projects, ideas and insights to contribute to a collaborative work environment
- Participate in client meetings to give updates on projects where you are directly involved.
- Be able to explain the “why” of the work you do, so a client can understand the reasoning for your suggestions and actions.
- Be able to give and take feedback in a professional manner. We won’t always agree internally. Clients won’t always agree with your suggestions. That’s okay! We need you to be able to work through those disagreements to find productive solutions.
- You will take on account management of several small clients (under 20 hours/mo ea) as you grow into the role. Our goal is to expose you to management of larger clients in preparation for career advancement.
- Planning & Strategy
- Assist with planning account SEO strategies
- Identify areas of opportunity and concern to prioritize next steps for ongoing client maintenance.
- Continually work to find new ways to meet client objectives.
- Ongoing training – we want anyone in this role to be actively working toward career growth.
- 0-2 Years SEO/SEM experience – In an agency environment or role where you’re comfortable juggling multiple projects
- Either a comfort level with SEO + PPC/Paid Search or a strong desire to learn – some of our clients use us for both SEO & PPC and we’d like to have a single person leading strategy for those accounts
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Preferred: Comfort with Google platforms like Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAMWorking on our team means having the opportunity to partner with clients from medium-sized companies to multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. We use enterprise level tools that you can’t get your hands on at smaller local agencies. We are growing and the opportunities for advancement are increasing as we grow. We keep our industry knowledge sharp and you’ll have the chance to learn something new every day. What about “work/life balance”? We’ve been in business since March 2015 and while we’re still more like a startup in our company maturity, we are a lot more focused on creating a comfortable and sustainable work environment for everyone here. Like any agency, there are times when deadlines are tight and the workload is rough, but we strive to minimize those moments and build an environment where you have time to do your best work and live a normal life. Check out our Hiring page at https://transistordigital.com/about-transistor/hiring/ to learn more about working on our team and the hiring process.
Location: Remote OR Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full-Time, Salaried-Exempt
Position Type: New
Salary Range: Competitive pay based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
- Flexible schedule (within reason – clients come first)
- Unlimited sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Paid medical leave plan
- Health/Dental insurance (or reimbursement for private insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
Our Hiring Process
We’ll weed out applicants lacking multiple key requirements (e.g. you live outside the country, have zero years of work experience, etc.)
A 15-20 minute talk via Google Meet to get to know each other better, let you tell us about yourself, let us answer some questions, see if we’re both interested in continuing onward.
We will connect with you, potentially verify some details and then send you a short self-assessment (5-10 questions, largely multiple choice, should take you 15 minutes) to help validate your knowledge.
An in-person interview at our office to get more into how you and Transistor would fit together, get into the depths of what it’s like working here, nailing down that final decision.
Hire & Onboard
Paperwork will happen, you’ll give notice at your current job should you have one, you’ll start here and go through a week of onboarding followed by a mix of training and work.