Transistor Digital Marketing is expanding! We are a growing search marketing agency in downtown Milwaukee. Our specialty is working with B2B companies, but we work with a variety of businesses in software, manufacturing, retail, food/beverage, travel, and other industries. Our SEO & PPC team is in charge of improving site performance and sales for medium-sized companies as well as multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. One of them actually IS a stock market!
As Search Engine Marketing Intern, you’ll work in a fast-paced, small agency environment helping a variety of medium to large businesses grow their online revenue. You’ll gain experience that will directly translate to your first post-college job in digital marketing. This opportunity is for a paid and structured internship (15-20 hours per week). Marketing knowledge attained in school will directly apply to your work carrying out search marketing strategy.
We’re looking for an inquisitive, attentive and empathetic individual to help ensure our clients continue getting the care they deserve.
- Organic Search Functions
- Conduct keyword research and provide competitive insights related to search.
- Monitor traffic trends for key clients using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and other third party tools – report on findings and insights
- Perform website content updates, including ongoing maintenance, new page development, blog posts, etc.
- Review technical notices and issues as well as assist in technical SEO tasks such as redirect mapping
- Research client-related blog topic ideas and develop recommendations for content team to implement
- Paid Search Functions
- Write engaging Ad-Copy for PPC campaigns as well as enticing meta data for SEO efforts.
- Research customer segments to build targeting methodology for ad campaigns
- Administrative Support
- Entering/categorizing transactions into a spreadsheet
- Entering invoices into billing system
- Maintaining client contract details to track upcoming renewal dates or project end dates
- Entering new client information into billing system and project management system
- Edit client-facing documents for typos or other errors
- College/university junior or senior, obtaining BA/BS in marketing, communications or equivalent area of focus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Not afraid of numbers
- Self-motivated and effective time/task management skills
- Ability to work independently and think critically
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience building and/or managing websites a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM
Working on our team means having the opportunity to partner with clients from medium-sized companies to multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. We use enterprise level tools that you can’t get your hands on at smaller local agencies. We are growing and the opportunities for advancement are increasing as we grow. We keep our industry knowledge sharp and you’ll have the chance to learn something new every day.
What about “work/life balance”? We’ve been in business since March 2015 and while we’re still more like a startup in our company maturity, we are a lot more focused on creating a comfortable and sustainable work environment for everyone here. Like any agency, there are times when deadlines are tight and the workload is rough, but we strive to minimize those moments and build an environment where you have time to do your best work and live a normal life.
Check out our Hiring page at https://transistordigital.com/about-transistor/hiring/ to learn more about working on our team and the hiring process.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Status: Part-Time (15-20) hours per week; for the right individual, we may hire as a regular employee at the conclusion of the internship period
Position Type: New
Start Date: ASAP
- Flexible schedule (within reason – clients come first) and work from home ability (even after covid)
- Paid garage parking 1 block from office