Transistor Digital Marketing is adding a Senior Search Engine Optimization Analyst to our team! We are a growing search marketing agency headquartered in downtown Milwaukee. This is a remote position for US residents. Anyone in the Milwaukee area is able to work at our downtown office at their discretion. Our specialty is working with B2B companies, but we work with a variety of businesses in software, manufacturing, retail, food/beverage, travel, and other industries. Our SEO & PPC team is in charge of improving site performance and sales for medium-sized companies as well as multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. One of them actually IS a stock market!
As a Senior SEO Analyst, you will focus on leading client engagements from strategy to execution. You’ll communicate directly with clients and own the relationship and direction for medium to large business. Occasionally, you’ll help support our largest and most complex clients on the execution/delivery side. You’ll also work with our Analyst team to assign them work and use their skills to help get work done for your clients. We’re hoping you’re someone who is eager to join a small and growing team, learn a lot, and contribute to the success of our clients.
We have built a collaborative environment by having multiple people supporting every account, so a huge part of any position here is the ability to work well as a team and contribute to our culture of ongoing learning and development.
- Planning and Strategy
- Develop and maintain search marketing (both SEO and PPC) strategies that align with client business goals
- Coordinate with internal colleagues to approach execution as a team
- Plan technical SEO architecture and strategy
- Developing sustainable link building strategies
- Manage client relationships including ongoing communication and delivery of work/reports
- Communicate changes in search industry and answer client questions with expert advice
- Help client teams execute on deliverables, including working with developers to provide and explain requirements
- Execute on SEM delivery by performing keyword/topic research, optimizing and writing content, building internal links, etc.
- Complete technical site audits and provide actionable solutions to issues
- Use technical monitoring tools like OnCrawl, Screaming Frog, Search Console to find and suggest solutions to website problems
- Use performance monitoring/research tools like SEOMonitor, SEMRush, AHREFs to review performance, find targets, continually strive for improvement
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports to assess performance and determine next steps
- 2+ Years SEO experience – In an agency environment or role where you’re comfortable juggling multiple projects
- Either a comfort level with PPC/Paid Search or a desire to learn the basics – some of our clients use us for both SEO & PPC and we’d like to have a single point of contact for those accounts
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Preferred: Knowledge of technical SEO including render issues, crawl budget, internationalization.
- Preferred: Experience with large clients and websites. E.g. enterprise organizations with many stakeholders, sites with 100k+ pages.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Comfort with Google platforms like Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Desire to continue learning and improving your overall search knowledge
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAMWorking on our team means having the opportunity to partner with clients from medium-sized companies to multi-billion dollar corporations you can find traded on the stock market. We use enterprise level tools that you can’t get your hands on at smaller local agencies. We are growing and the opportunities for advancement are increasing as we grow. We keep our industry knowledge sharp and you’ll have the chance to learn something new every day. What about “work/life balance”? We’ve been in business since March 2015 and while we’re still more like a startup in our company maturity, we are a lot more focused on creating a comfortable and sustainable work environment for everyone here. Like any agency, there are times when deadlines are tight and the workload is rough, but we strive to minimize those moments and build an environment where you have time to do your best work and live a normal life. Check out our Hiring page at https://transistordigital.com/about-transistor/hiring/ to learn more about working on our team and the hiring process.
Location: Remote OR Milwaukee, WI
Status: Full-Time, Salaried-Exempt
Position Type: New
Salary Range: Competitive pay based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
- Flexible schedule (within reason – clients come first)
- Unlimited sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Paid medical leave plan
- Health/Dental insurance (or reimbursement for private insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
Our Hiring Process
We’ll weed out applicants lacking multiple key requirements (e.g. you live outside the country, have zero years of work experience, etc.)
A 15-20 minute talk via Google Meet to get to know each other better, let you tell us about yourself, let us answer some questions, see if we’re both interested in continuing onward.
We will connect with you, potentially verify some details and then send you a short self-assessment (5-10 questions, largely multiple choice, should take you 15 minutes) to help validate your knowledge.
An in-person interview at our office to get more into how you and Transistor would fit together, get into the depths of what it’s like working here, nailing down that final decision.
Hire & Onboard
Paperwork will happen, you’ll give notice at your current job should you have one, you’ll start here and go through a week of onboarding followed by a mix of training and work.