Drive Results with SEO for B2B SaaS
Navigating complex industries with expertise
SEO For SaaS Companies
Every market, every business, every website and every team is unique and that requires an expert-built strategy that is distinct from the competition. We are experts in building strategic SEO plans specifically for B2B SaaS companies. SaaS companies are unique in many ways and they commonly have to overcome challenges like market education, emerging search volume and the need for exploratory digital research. At Transistor, we have worked with many SaaS companies and these efforts have lead to millions of dollars in growth for our clients.
What Makes SaaS SEO Unique?
- You need to find the RIGHT market to target. It’s easy to get distracted by high search volume terms but the goal should always be to find the people that may actually be interested in your solution.
- Differentiating B2C and B2B terms is a critical aspect when understanding who digital efforts will target.
- SEO targeting needs to be aligned to ensure full coverage of your market.
- In the B2B SaaS space, you have to map education vs software terms to user’s ideal content. This promotes the site to show in search results through the entire sales funnel from initial research to buying.
- Education term optimization is typically a core objective for SaaS to get in front of potential customers before they search for a particular solution.
- Pairing solution or software specific terms with education terms drives form fills and lead generation.
- Most SaaS companies are in emerging markets that require constant review of trends and competitors to ensure digital efforts are in line with the evolving market.
- Having an experienced research team will provide your internal team with the data and research needed to make company-wide, data-driven decisions.
- You need to understand complex markets and we have the tools and resources to discover the information you need.
- SEO should never be entirely focused on traffic but should be focused on lead generation.
- You need a team that understands how to build strategic search marketing plans to generates more money for your business.
- Tracking. Tracking. Tracking. Lead generation sites need to be hyper-focused on effective tracking to determine the success of any SEO effort.
Benefits of SaaS SEO Marketing Efforts
- Increased Online Visibility: You need to be more visible to potential customers when they search online.
- Improved Sales: By optimizing your website and content for targeted SaaS terms, companies can attract the ideal consumer of their software.
- Growth Long-Term: SEO provides long-term value by driving organic, unpaid traffic to your site even when efforts change.
- Expanded Brand Credibility: Appearing prominently in search results shows your potential customers that you are credible and an expert in your space.
- Improved Customer Experience: When you provide high-quality content targeted at your consumer, they are able to access improved information from your site.
SEO for SaaS Success Stories
This client had two major goals for search engine optimization; 1) outrank the top three major competitors in the market as often as possible and 2)improve conversions leading directly to revenue. The site had growing organic traffic but progress was lacking and conversions were poor. Major issues included a complex market, internal cannibalization and poor content.
The client has been faced with multiple branding changes and site migrations throughout our time working together. We supported the creation of two websites as well as supported numerous product additions and subtractions. Our goal has been to support the evolving business with up-to-date search data, optimizations and technical support.
SaaS SEO Services
The following pages detail some of our most common SEO options for B2B SaaS companies. Every client is unique and has a different reason for needing SEO services. Every strategy is equally as unique, so give us a ring or shoot us an email to talk more about how our expert SEO team could help elevate your business.
Online Market Research
SEO for B2B SaaS FAQ
What is B2B SEO?
B2B SEO is the practice of optimizing and improving visibility for a website to increase visibility in search engines to attract and engage businesses as potential customers or clients. Unlike B2C SEO, which focuses on targeting individual consumers, B2B SEO targets other businesses and aims to capture their attention, generate leads, and ultimately drive conversions. Strategies typically involve keyword research, on-page optimization, content creation, and technical optimization. The goal is to increase organic traffic, establish brand credibility, and ultimately foster profitable business relationships in the B2B marketplace.
What is the importance of B2B SEO for SaaS?
Search optimization is critical for digital visibility for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies. Being discoverable online allows new and mature SaaS companies to attract relevant leads and drive conversions in a targeted niche. With the highly competitive nature of SaaS, having a strong online presence is essential for establishing credibility and standing out from the dense competitive market.
What kind of deliverables can I expect?
Deliverables are unique to each client but there is a process we follow that any client can expect. First we complete a full SEO audit that sets the stage for technical, on page, content and other long-term SEO strategies for the site. Once the audit and strategic plan is complete, our team will dive into the needs of the site. Specific deliverables can include content briefs for new content, on-page optimizations, technical recommendation documents, reporting dashboards and more. All of our documents are detailed with explanations of what is being recommended, why it’s being recommended and what steps are needed to get the recommendation implemented.
How long will it take to see results?
This is the number one question we get asked and the answer is always, “It Depends”. There are typically short-term wins that can produce improved results within weeks; however, most SEO will take time to build to its full potential. We typically forecast a 12 month client growth opportunity at the start of any engagement.
Meet a Member of the Team
Our experienced team is ready to collaboratively work to solve whatever challenge they face in order to help your business grow. Get to know one of the amazing people you’ll be working with at Transistor.
Want to learn how Transistor can help?
Talk to Lindsie.
Lindsie Nelson | Co-Founder
Vice-President – Head of SEO